Center for Hope Bag-of-Blessings and Joy Store Collection
RLC members and friends are collecting Center for Hope Bag-of-Blessings food items and Joy Store gifts. Lists of needed items, deadlines, and collection boxes are located by the front entry doors.
- Each Bag-of-Blessings contains holiday foods and supplies that will be distributed to Center for Hope clients at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Please pick up a request list and purchase whatever you wish to donate.
- Karen Ashley has been approved for a Thrivent Action Team grant of $250 to go toward this project.
- Please bring most food items before November 20, although we will continue to collect contributions until December 18.
- Between the services on Sunday, November 20, we will sort and pack the food items.
- For the Joy Store, youth, ages 5-12, who are accompanied by a parent or guardian, can participate in various fun and challenging activities in order to “earn” spending tickets. Afterwards, they can “purchase” gifts for family and friends on their shopping list from the Joy Store.
- See the list on the poster for gift suggestions.
- Julie Weilbacher has received a Thrivent Action Team grant of $250 to purchase Joy Store items.
- Please bring new and unwrapped items by December 1 if possible, and place them in the boxes by the display. We will continue to collect new and unwrapped gifts until December 18.
Midwest Food Bank Thanksgiving Eve Service Project
Wednesday, November 23; 6 to 8 p.m.
- All congregation members and friends (ages 10 and older) are invited to celebrate their blessings by helping to sort and pack items for food pantries and disaster relief on Wednesday, November 23, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Midwest Food Bank, 1703 S. Veterans Parkway, Bloomington.
- Please sign up at the Welcome Center and complete a Volunteer Agreement and Release of Liability if you haven’t done so already – take it with you that night.